Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

2nd opinion on radiation

I finally have been able to get myself an apt with an oncologist at Sloan Memorial hospital in NYC.  I want to have another opinion deciding if I should get radiation on my colon area and know that I'm doing the right thing before I go down that road.  Thanks to one of my cousins and his wife who are Drs out there and have helped me get the apt and graciously offered for Bryan and I to stay with them while we go out for this visit.  I got an apt for the 30th of April.  This is after my last scan which I have scheduled for the 16th of April and before surgery which is not yet scheduled. 

I am very excited about this.  I have another apt to see the radiation oncologist here in April and I feel like I will be less anxious about that apt knowing it is not the end all and what he says is not necessarily the answer. 

This past weekend ended up to be more challenging than I had hoped after the last treatment.  I was very nauseous all day saturday.   I called the Dr today and left a message that the neuropathy has now started in my hands.  I am secretly hoping he will tell me to skip the last treatment, but also knowing that probably won't happen.  Trust me I will let you all know if he lets me skip it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting a second opinion! Sloan Kettering has a great reputation treating cancer.

    ReplyDelete