Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

latest drs apt

I didn't get all the info I was hoping to get out of my last apt with the oncologist, but that was kind of expected.  He didn't meet with the surgeon or the radiation oncologist as I had hoped.  He did however give his opinion on the radiation and said that he would probably suggest that I go through with it to be safe.  Not really what I wanted to hear.  Then he changed his response about when I would have the surgery.  Last time we talked he told me it would be 3 weeks after my last treatment and this time he told me 4-6 weeks after. 

This just makes it seem like I will never get my life back.  I need to think positive though and concentrate on the fact that I might get 5ish weeks where I am feeling ok before I get surgery so that is something good I guess.  Then after sugery they told me at one point they'd only wait 3 weeks before starting radiation but who knows if that changed as well.

4 comments:

  1. Leah, I have to tell you that you are truly an inspiration to me. As you know, my kiddos are pretty much exactly the same age as yours and I have days where I struggle to keep up with them...and I am healthy. I cannot imagine where you dig your strength from to fight this battle all while being an amazing mama. I think of you each and every day and want you to know that you inspire me every day as well. All my love to you and and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you don't have a clearer plan with an "end of treatment" date. That must be very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh....frustrating visit for certain.

    You will get your life back Leah.

    Hugs from slushy Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating to not be able to plan things. I think it is our nature, especially as parents to try to plan things, our days, our lives. Unfortunately, God and the doctors he has trusted with your care, have no regard for our need to make plans! Well, you know this, you know it will happen! Until then, make the most of the good days, and pray during the bad! I love you dear friend, I think about you often, every Tuesday, is a "Leah mug" day when I make my coffee! Either my RI mug or Sea Corp! I will continue to pray for you!
    Hugs from CO!
    Ande

    ReplyDelete