Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

neuropathy

I have developed neuropathy in both of my feet.  This is something caused by the chemo, it has to do with my nerves and basically my feet are slowly going numb, starting at the toes.  I was told it will get worse over the next 3 months and it will last about a year.  My aunt who went through chemo has neuropathy very bad in her feet and I am not looking forward to joining her in this discomfort!  The Dr. actually told me that in a lot of patients that developed it at this point he would just end their chemo regimen but for me he wants me to do the last one.  Why am I so lucky?  I don't know, but I didn't agrue, I can get through one more if I made it through 11!!!

This last one hasn't been too awful so far, but everything comes and goes by minutes so it's so hard to tell how I'll be feeling even an hour from now.  Except that I know I won't be feeling my toes!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... at least they won't be cold?!? :/ Sorry to hear about this latest symptom, Leah! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about this latest development - maybe you'll be able to try some alternative medicines like accupuncture for it? I'm so happy that you only have one chemo treatment left! You are absolutely right that you can make it through one more! Hope your symptoms pass quickly for this current one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aromatouch, a Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oil blend - mixed with fractionated coconut oil rubbed on feet/affected areas - DAILY - should help with pain and increasing circulation. Let me know if you are interested. :) Hang in there!
    Ande

    ReplyDelete