Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

here we go again, first opinion

Not really thrilled with my oncologist right now.  There were so many contradictions in what he said and I am just feeling very angry today.  anyway, after not even asking how i'm feeling or even suggesting the drainage to see if it would help me feel better, he basically just said the only option is to do the other kind of chemo they suggested before, for 6 months.  We asked about the drainage and we were able to schedule the drainage for tomorrow.  He acted as if he was totally expecting this to happen, said he was not surprised. 

They wouldn't suggest surgery until after doing chemo to shrink everything that is in there right now. 

I am seeing the Boston oncologist that I liked last time on Monday next week.  I am just holding onto that right now knowing I don't have to make any decisions until I talk to her.

Drainage or Tapping as they call it is scheduled for tomorrow morning so hopefully i will feel relieved after that and the mass near my uterus won't be causing me trouble after the drainage is done or the hernia!

4 comments:

  1. I hate that he didn't seem to be very concerned about how you are feeling. I hope the procedure brings you relief and keep up your strong faith! You are not alone in this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had a more comforting and informative visit today. Praying that you will have relief tomorrow Leah!! Boston is the place to go, for sure!
    <3
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel a little better at least after the drainage procedure. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow! Monday is just a few days away...

    Cady

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a fighter, after the procedure tomorrow I hope you have much relief. Praying that you continue to have strength through this. You can DO IT!

    ReplyDelete