Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

relief!

I had the tapping done this morning, it was very interesting, not too painful and I might have to do it again and I would, I feel so much better.  They drained 2.3 liters of fluid.  For those that need a better visual, I weighed 5 pounds less after!  And for an even better visual here is a before and after picture.  The marker on my belly is where they marked to remove the fluid, and yes you can simply just cover with a bandaid after!

I still have some extra belly, I think the skin just needs to go back to normal.  I do have some tightening in my chest that I am hoping goes away, I had a lot of shifting of everything inside after, clearly everything was displaced!

My mom arrives this evening, so there will be another relief!  I have a wedding this weekend that I was a little sad about attending because I looked pregnant in every dress I tried on, now I don't have that to worry about so that is nice.  I don't know how long it will take for the fluid to reappear but at least now I know the symptoms and can get it drained before it is too uncomfortable.

I am very resistent to doing more chemo.  The chemo they already gave me clearly didn't even put me in remish at all.  This other chemo is only a little different and it seems like a big leap to be taking and suffering for on the off chance it will work.  I learned a lot of natural ways to heal from cancer at the conference and I am praying about whether to take that route, please pray for me to be guided in my decisions!  Hopefully Monday will provide some answers.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! You must be so relieved. Have they given you direction on how to prevent the fluid buildup? That is unbelievable! Glad your moms coming to town, relief also...and I hope you get some better answers at your Monday appointment. Hang in there girl and enjoy the wedding this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for God's guidance in all your decision making! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, no wonder you were in so much pain! Glad you got relief from that and your mom is coming back to help you out.

    ReplyDelete