Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

young cancer conference

I got a flyer in the mail from Dana Farber advertising a young cancer conference at the end of March.  It is just a few hours on a Saturday with some interesting looking talks on nutrition and blogging and having cancer as a mom and all the fun stuff that comes with being younger and having cancer.  I am definitely going to go and I'm pretty interested to see what they talk about.  One of the main things was writing and blogging about your experience so I feel I can definitely relate to that one.

I had an increase in a few drugs this past time, non chemo drugs.  We are trying to find a way to make me less miserable the day I get treatment.  I think we had some success but of course all drugs have side effects and I didn't really care for some of the ones I experienced this time that were new.

I keep thinking about the cruise and how blessed we are to be able to have gone.  And how fortunate we were to have my mom watch the kids for us.   My mom went home recently.  I am doing really well and we want to see if we can use friends and family to help with the kids and some how manage without her.  I think it will be a tough adjustment as she was so helpful and supportive but I think it is manageable.  I would love for her to be able to work again and feel like she has a life other than raising her grandchildren.  She is so fabulous at it though!  she is teaching Elly to read and so many other things that I just don't have the energy for most of the time.  I will miss her as she kept me company and was a great help.

Bryan's mom will be coming out to help the next time I get chemo so that will be fun.  The kids miss her and do really well with her.  My brother has also been home but should be coming back soon. 

ok well I will end my rambling, not much to talk about, but feeling really good today, hope you all have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to hear you say you're feeling really good today. Blessings! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conference sounds interesting and maybe you can connect with others there and widen your support group even more. Sad for you that your mom went home, but happy to hear you are feeling really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It sounds like you will have some good input at the cancer conference. Nice to hear you having a "really good day"....xxoo Lori

    ReplyDelete