Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

long day yesterday

Everything seemed to go well yesterday.  We don't have the results of the ECHO but the EKG and the eye exam went well.  The nurse will call with results of the ECHO and also let me know if they were able to obtain enough of my tumor samples to not do a biopsy.  I sure hope so!

We are scheduled to be back up for my first infusion on Wednesday the 5th at 10am.  I am both anxious and nervous about all of this.  I want to get on the drugs ASAP as I have been experiencing a lot of pain and i am really worried about having fluid build up in my abdomen as that causes so much discomfort and eating problems.

I am going to try to enjoy this next week before I start treatment and hope that I feel well enough to continue to get out and get things done before I start.  Some side effects they mentioned I will likely experience are a face rash and flu like symptoms.  Neither sounds fun!

Please keep me in your prayers as we have such a long unknown journey ahead of us!

5 comments:

  1. You are always in our prayers Leah even if we don't have daily contact. Hope you enjoy trick or treating with the kids. Not my favorite event of the year but it is a child favorite for sure. This trial sounds like it will be a positive thing for you. Be positive and have faith God wants you here with us for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad testing went well! Try to just enjoy your weekend . So hopeful for you, Leah!

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything with this treatment continues to fall into place as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May my prayers come your way and provide you comfort as this life test continues to challenge. Know that we love and care about you!
    John

    ReplyDelete