Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Our vacation spot

We decided to see if our favorite place to go on vacation had any cancellations their closing weekend and low and behold they had the room available that I've always wanted to stay in.  It is in the adirondack mountains and has a screened in porch!  We came here this summer with Bryan's family and they do family seating for dinner.  You might remember me talking about this last year.  So during the Summer we have such a large group we don't sit with anyone but our family.

This weekend its just the 4 of us so we are sat with other families.  i feel like i have no life and nothing to offer to conversations so i try to just ask people about themselves.  I have such a hard time when people ask what I do for work.  The first year I was out of work and had all intentions of returning I used to talk about my job but now that I've been out of work for over 2 years I have a hard time pretending I still work.  I just feel like telling people I stay home with drew is fine but its not really the truth.  But the truth is a huge bomb to drop and its an atomic one that you can't just leave on the table and walk away, yet we live with this bomb.


5 comments:

  1. So happy that you got to go to your favorite spot to vacation. Ron and I also love it there and were there two weekends ago. It was just beautiful and the leaves were awesome. Weather was perfect!! We stayed in the room you describe when the girls were little and loved that room. Since the family has grown, guest cottage fits us better now. What special moments with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I am so happy to hear that you are going away this weekend with your husband and children. And your favorite place became available at the last minute? Someone is looking over you. ENJOY every precious moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to get away, especially this time of year. It must be so beautiful there. How has Drew been feeling? I hope his fever didn't develop further. So, an idea to address your issue on telling people what you do. What if you just say "I am an at-home Mom & blog writer". Then if they want to, they can follow you and will discover how brave & amazing you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I agree Leah - Mommy & Blogger. Good suggestion! Also, glad you got to escape for the weekend and enjoy your favorite vacation spot! Must have been gorgeous up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get away. And, by the way, you always have something to add to the conversation! ❤️

    ReplyDelete