Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

I was able to get my pill part of the treatment yesterday.  It was a long day just to get blood work done and get some pills!  We made it home safely from Boston in the wintery mix, which thankfully turned to rain.  My kids are pretty dissapointed that we don't have any snow here.

I am so thankful that I am on this trial.  I have accumulated more fluid and it is really uncomfortable and painful.  I don't know how long it will take before I have enough to get drained, but lets just pray that these drugs help shrink the tumors so that the fluid stops accumulating.

I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have been so supportive of me during the past 2+ years.  I am so thankful for my husband who stands by my side through all of my suffering, as well as my mother.  I am so thankful for my children.  A friend told me the other day that I smile when they come in the room no matter how miserable I am.  I don't think I ever noticed that, but I sure do smile just thinking about them.  I am thankful for my brother who makes me laugh no matter what and my dad who can fix anything that's wrong in our house and continues to come back to visit even though we keep putting him to work!

I am thankful to be alive!  Most people with my diagnosis live about 2 years, so just to be here today is a gift, I really have a hard time imagining living through 2015, but hopefully with this trial I will be here next year.  Have a good thanksgiving, and please be thankful for everything you have, including your health!

9 comments:

  1. Leah I'm so thankful for you in my life! You are an amazing person and a great friend. I'm thankful for this trial and hopeful for a cure. Love you and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love, Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kiddos are blessings to be thankful for, along with the rest of your sweet list. You do light up talking about them. What a nice thought your friend gave you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Leah! I'm thankful for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do often take our families and lives for granted. Thanks for the reminder,Leah

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thankful list!
    I am thankful for you! and the reminder for all the other things I have in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful to be able to read your posts. I'm so thankful for you and the amazing family God has given you. Blessings! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. During the Holidays when people are reminded of how lucky we are and are able to open up their wallets and hearts during this time it also reminds us that we are not tested the way you have been over the past 2+ years. We are reminded that life is fragile and that although we complain about the simple discomforts you and many others that are suffering through similar illnesses are the beacons of light. You have had strength of character, unbelievable faith, and beauty during your fight. You will be rewarded for your experience because God does have a reason for his actions. I pray every night that this trial is your reward and that you will be here with us for a good long time. It is my hope that you are feeling well during the up coming Holiday and that you will continue to enjoy the blessings that God has given you which come in small packages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful to know you and your mom, Leah. Thankful to be exposed to two people who have more graciousness and strength of character and spirit than I could ever imagine possessing myself.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo Missy. I am so grateful that we met and became friends way back in Riley, when I would check my email on your computer and hang out forever. You guys actually got me to play intramural soccer - that's saying something. I'm thankful you asked me to be your roommate, thankful for memories of decorating our hall for halloween (we were the only ones...) and taking goofy pictures outside the stinky room! I'm thankful for meal buddies and walks to the Snack Shack. I'm thankful for friendship. I think of you at so many random times throughout the week, when I walk past the pic in the basement you took of Joden and I on our honeymoon, when I hear Maroon 5, and when I squat to pee! I love reading your posts, I love your honesty and perspective. I don't know where you get your strength. I often think about what it might be like to be in your shoes when I'm at home with my kiddos. I hope if ever faced with a similar situation, that I can handle it with as much grace, acceptance and honesty as you.
    Keep smiling at those kiddos, they do notice.

    ande

    ReplyDelete