Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I survived

I had a very long day!  It is 5:00 and we are leaving the hospital just in time for rush hour.  The whole trial process is so interesting.  Blood work is done first and then the dr visit.  Then it takes them 2 hrs to mix the drug, so lots of waiting.  I get multiple EKGs and lots of blood pressure readings throughout the visit.  I will not get my oral pills for another 2 weeks.  The nurse told me that I really shouldn't get any side effects from the drug I got today, although some people have flu like symptoms.

I actually got a little foot massage today and accupuncture so that was kind of cool.  I like mass general so much more than Dana farber although it seems like when you are in a trial you get different specialized treatment than when you are just getting chemo.

I am exhausted and have a headache but anxious to get home and see my kids.  Thanks for all the messages and prayers today.  They were much needed for my head and my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are able to get some good rest tonight, Leah. And hoping that you will feel better in the next coming days to have fun at the wedding.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you were able to get started! Hopefully the side effects are minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great update to read, foot massages and no side effects in one day! Perfect!! Prayers for great results Leah!!!

    ReplyDelete