Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A rough go of it

Where do I start?  I ended up going to the ER on Sunday for a bladder infection.  They put me on an antibiotic but unfortunately I seem to have a reaction to the pain meds for it, threw them up twice now so I just have to suffer through the pain.  I have had horrible tummy trouble which I found out today is all from the pill form of the treatment I'm on, very discouraging to me.  I was put on another antibiotic today because my infection is resistant to the first antibiotic as the symptoms started to worsen yesterday.  I was able to get treatment and I have been gone from home almost 12 hrs and am just now leaving Boston.

I am very discouraged by the side effects from the trial.  Also I have been warned my infection might be resistant to this next antibiotic And if I develop a fever they will have to admit me to give IV antibiotics and it will interfere with my trip to Tucson.  Lets pray this round works!

4 comments:

  1. Leah, I'm sorry to read about the pain you're going through and the side effects of the trial medication. Don't get discouraged and give the trial a chance to work. You've been an inspiration to all who read your postings and you have many prayers being said for you every day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, praying for some relief for you! And that you don't end up in the hospital......I think some warm sun is definitely in order!!! Fingers and toes crossed. ;)
    Dawn B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hoping for a quick recovery for you so that you can come to Tucson! First, hoping that you get relieved from the pain.

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leah, that is very discouraging….. I will keep praying for you. Your strength is incredible and extremely inspirational and has helped me see the true importance of life and the realty of the things that used to worry me that just don't anymore. Praying for you Leah.

    ReplyDelete