Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

scan results from 12/30

The Dr just called, boy that was a test on patience, it was 6pm by the time she got around to calling.  There was some growth on my liver, actually doubling in size of tumors, however the Dr referred to it as pseudo progression.  She said that it could be because of infiltration of immune related cells.  Basically the way I understand it is that there could be a sort of an inflamation of the tumors not necessarily growth.  This trial allows for tumor growth because that can happen before the tumors shrink.  She said that on other trials I would be kicked off with growth but because this is immunotherapy I will continue on trial.  Also all my other tumors were stable. 

I have developed blurry vision, my eyes are dilated I believe from the trial drug.  I need to see the eye dr next week.  I have been put on new drugs for my cramping and I think that is improving.

It wasn't the greatest of news, I really wanted to start celebrating, but we can do that next scan I guess?  I don't feel sick from the tumors and my liver function was good last time so I am not overly concerned.  I'm also back in the bed, so things are looking ok for now.

4 comments:

  1. I've been checking back for this update! Happy to hear that things are mostly holding steady for now and you are finding a little relief from the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least that is encouraging that the doctor could explain the growth. Hope th e cramps stay away! Good luck at the eye doctor. Thinking of you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it isn't exactly what you wanted to hear it sounds like all is going in the right direction. I'm glad your cramping is better and that you are back in bed!! Good rest is so important. I do hope they can clear up your vision though. :) always thinking of you and your family!!! Happy New Year.
    Dawn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. That explanation puts the growth of the tumors in a better perspective. Seems logical that there would be inflammation. I'm glad your cramps are better and that you're back in bed! Hope you have great days ahead!

    ReplyDelete