Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Sharing Memories

I am posting on behalf of Leah’s family as they are going through this difficult time. They want to express their deepest appreciation for all the kindness and support they have received from everyone this past week. They are so grateful to have such wonderful people showing their love and respect for Leah, and those closest to her.
One of the hardest things when grieving is the fear of losing the memories. For myself, Leah was my best friend and every hour and every day that passes is bittersweet because it means I’m a little further from the days when Leah was physically on this earth and in my life. I want to hold on to everything that was Leah.
Bryan had the great idea to encourage people to share memories here on Leah’s blog. This could help someone who has a memory they don’t want to lose, and is also healing for Leah’s family who can learn of new memories that will be preserved in this blog.
So please do so whenever you are comfortable! You may leave a blog comment, or send an email and I will create new blog posts. It can be a couple sentences, or multiple pages and it doesn’t have to be a one-time-only if you find you have more to say as time goes on. If you’d like to share pictures, please send an email since I don’t think pictures can be added to blog comments. If you’d like to email a memory to just share privately with the family, please indicate that in the email so we don’t post it.
Leah has cultivated a healing community on this blog and I hope everyone can feel comfortable expressing what is important on it. Sharing can be difficult, but it is so important.
Comment wherever on this blog.
And please check back often to read what others have shared and continue the legacy Leah started.

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea Kim. Love to you and Leah's family. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and entire Ploutz/Braman family.. You are strong and amazing people. What a beautiful idea. Thank you.
    Thinking of you all and sending thoughts and prayers and love.
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim! I've had this blog bookmarked on my phone and everytime I see it I want to click it and have something be there to make me feel connected to Leah again. It was so nice to open it today and read some memories that make me smile. I miss Leah a lot and love the idea of sharing stories. XO
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete