Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wheel chairs and strollers

So I have succumbed to the fact that If I want to go for a walk I need to have someone push me in a wheel chair.  I have also realized what babies have been withholding from us and how much of a treat it is is to be pampered and pushed around (in a good way).  I feel like, how can they possibly get a free walk and not say, "thank you!"

It's like the beginning of regression for me so it brought tears to my eyes to sit in the wheelchair.  I feel myself getting weaker and weaker and needing help with more and more.  I get out of breath really easily!  Everything takes so much effort and is so much more work.  The pain is manageable so that is good.  I have started getting drained every day and this is done at home and helps tremendously with being able to breath better and be able to eat because the drainage makes for more room for everything.  I am so glad I got the drain put in when I did, the process is pretty much painless and is over in 20 mins instead of having to go to the hospital to get everything done.

I try to visit with people when I can but I am exhausted and I have a lot of apt with nurses and occupational therapists.

I also have oxygen at home so I can use that when I need to which I think is also helpful.

9 comments:

  1. you are always in my thoughts and prayers....you are a real lesson in faith and positive attitude...god bless u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep moving dear, never stop!! Harve

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "Yelp" review of Leah as a wheelchair-riding customer:

    Good attitude. Courteous. Very good with directions. Complimentary of your driving skills (even if you disagree). Even said, "Thank you!" 5 Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the weather finally seems to be cooperating and you can get out to enjoy some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you find the bright side of every situation! I am so happy the weather has broken so that you can get out and enjoy it! We are just a phone call away if you need anything!
    Cheers!
    Deb V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate your insights into how babies might feel, too cute. You always find such a funny and bright way of putting your thoughts into words. Hope the sunshine stays strong, and you keep finding the positive in the people and things around you, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate your insights into how babies might feel, too cute. You always find such a funny and bright way of putting your thoughts into words. Hope the sunshine stays strong, and you keep finding the positive in the people and things around you, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Cady - you have a bright way of putting things. Nice that you are keeping positive.
    Love, Doreen

    ReplyDelete