Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Ben the Juicer

My brother, Ben, flew into town on Wednesday and is going to be staying with us for a few weeks. He has been talking about using the juicer Bryan's Dad and Step-mom bought me. He is really into juicing and I have been excited about having my own personal juice chef! Unfortunately, no ice cold beverages for me, but I have been OK with room temperature ones and he is willing to accommodate, isn't he awesome :)
I am feeling much better today than the Friday following my first chemo treatment. It doesn't seem as though a trip back to Miriam is in my horizon for this treatment so far! As much as I love them it is so nice not to be feeling horrible!
The visiting nurse came to detatch the pump yesterday and all went well. They say around the time the pump comes off, being 48 hrs after treatment, is when patients seem to be feeling the worst. (which is what happened last time) I did ok so maybe the worst of this treatment is behind me, let's be sure to pray on that one!

6 comments:

  1. So glad your brother was able to come hang with you for a few weeks! I can't get over how much he looks like your dad!! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A personal juice chef! That's great that Ben is staying for an extended time. Happy to hear this round of chemo has been a little "easier" to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juicing sounds great and it can be not only great nutrition but great tasting too. My fav is a combo of carrot/pear/ginger, perhaps with some other staple stuff like kale or cucumber for volume. We do it almost every week (batches). Great to see your brother is able to visit and I hope you're feeling well.

    DaveL

    ReplyDelete