Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3 Post chemo

I ended up back at miriam Chemo floor yesterday for about 3.5 hrs. I was extremely nauseous and couldn't eat anything. They gave me fluids and some more anti-nausea drugs. I didn't even feel that much better until hours after I left there but by the end of the night I felt like a new person!
Quite a few of the nurses said they weren't surprised to see me back there. They said with this being first round and being smaller weight wise and having been allergic to one of the anti-nauseas they couldn't give me the day of chemo they expected it would hit me pretty hard. I got new anti nausea drugs to take home and they have been working so far.
Thank God for the people at Miriam being so awesome! They want you to be comfortable and insist you should be so they do everything they can to make you that way!! And they really do!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know there are such kind and caring nurses in your life. Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are feeling better ... And sorry that you had to go through such misery. Hopefully the next treatment will go more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you all Friday Leah... I know you weren't feeling well, but your strength is oozing thru! You are amazing.

    I'm so happy to hear the wonderful care you are getting from Miriam. That is a blessing.

    Rest and know that thoughts and prayers are constantly coming your way.

    ReplyDelete