Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Feeling like myself!

Had a GREAT day today!  I was with the kids all day and with Ben's help took care of them all day and didn't even have a nap!  I think I will be going to bed early tonight!  I also went for a 2.5 mile walk with Ben.  I ran a little bit the last few times I went for walks and felt great.  I felt really weak the next day but it felt good.  I really felt like myself today and it was so nice! 
I was trying to come up with a new past time to keep myself busy and someone had asked me, "what do you like to do?" The first thing that came to mind was, RUN! So I hope I can get back into it. They are saying now that exercise is a really important thing to do during chemo, so I am all over that!

14 comments:

  1. How exciting! You sound so happy. I'm really glad you had such a good day, and so thrilled for you that you can pick up running again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more normal you keep it the more normal you will feel I have been told. So happy that you are keeping it positive and upbeat. Have a great Thanksgiving and think of me as I freeze at the football game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this just made my day...good!!!

    DaveL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leah, I'm a friend of a friend of a friend. I was wondering if you would be willing to email me so that I can share some of my story with you? Hope to hear from you! -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, awesome Leah! so glad to hear that. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure Erica, my email is leahinnewport@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah, glad to hear you're feeling better this time. It is so encouraging to know how positive you are and to see God answering our prayers for you and your family. We all have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and every day.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Running is good but, don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aunt Nancy and Uncle EricNovember 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM

    Hi Leah, We think of you and your family every day and commend you for the running. Hello to Ben and a belated birthday greeting to Bryan. - and of course, hugs to the kids and to you! Love, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Leah,
    We continue to be inspired by your ability to see the good in some of these trying situations. You are an amazing young lady and we continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.
    Love to all,
    Teresa and the kids:)

    ReplyDelete