Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Feeling ok

I am feeling pretty good today. I continue to have a lot of trouble sleeping at night. Not always because I am nauseous, mostly becuase I just can't sleep.  I end up awake for hours in the middle of the night.  Tonight when it happens I swear I am going to try to take one of the pills i have to help me sleep.  I never end up taking them (even though this has been happening pretty much every night since I got diagnosed ) everytime I think, this time I will fall back to sleep and I dont need to get up and go take the pill.  We will see if it helps me tonight, they only last 6 hours so it doesn't work to take it when i go to sleep, if only it were that easy.

I ended up with a pretty bad shoulder/neck ache yesterday. I think it's from over compensating where the port is and trying not to use my shoulder.  It feels much better today.

I am actually going to try to venture out and take Elly to a mommy and me yoga class.  my mom took her when she was visiting and said it is pretty low key and that I should be able to do it if I'm feeling ok, so we shall see. 

8 comments:

  1. 6 hours of sleep is better than continuous nights of no sleep (and you need to sleep) - it's worth a shot. Also, I like the chemo treatments countdown at the top of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! Have fun at yoga!

    Not sleeping is rough. I think you're right, maybe try the pill and see if it will help. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chiming it with the "take the pill" crowd. Mostly, no matter how long it lasts in your system, it's to get you to fall asleep. Hopefully once you're there, you'll stay asleep! (You need your rest.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep and yoga.....both so very theraputic!! Do what you need to in order to get your body (and soul) the rest it needs to heal and fight this fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leah! You are amazing! An inspiration to us all! Yoga is awesome! Maybe that will quiet your mind and you can sleep!
    If you like, I can send you some FAR clauses and contracts to read! That will definitely put you to sleep!!!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand having a resistance to taking pills, but a good night of sleep seems to make everything easier to handle. Hope you get some rest soon. A mommy and me yoga class sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking of you and hoping you are resting well getting ready for your next treatment tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete