Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pulmonologist

I had my pulmonologist appointment today.  He seemed to think that it is cancer in my lungs (the bigger nodule in my left lung).  He is not concerned at all about the smaller ones in the right, unless of course they grow.  He wants to wait to make any decisions until after I get another scan after I am done with my treatment in April.  It sounds like he agrees that the nodule should be removed if the chemo does not shrink it.  That's about all we got out of the appointment.  He mentioned biopsying it but I am not sure what I think of that.  There is a risk of collapsing my lung and also there can be false negatives from doing a biopsy.  So the only real way to tell what it is for sure is to take it out.  I do have to say he is in competition with being as nice as my oncologist though.  So if ever you need a pulmonologist, let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I think about you every day. I hope this finds you as well as might be expected. If God's grace were mine to give, you could have mine for today. (Unless the bottom drops out of everything in the next few minutes, you can have tomorrow's share too. ;)) I hope your day is good. Take care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment! Who is my friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what all of us were thinking. They chose me to put the words on paper. Dan H

      Delete
  3. Are you leaning toward wanting to have the surgery? I guess it's still a waiting game till your next scan/April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is comforting to know that your doctor is kind.

    Keep up the great attitude! Sending a ton of warm (although rainy) thoughts from Cape Cod to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and your chocolate cake and sending you a big virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your chocolate cake and sending you a big virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete