Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

conference

The conference was fun, it was good to meet other young people who understand what it's like to have your life taken from you at a young age and thrown into treatment and surgeries.  We were able to connect with one couple who has young children so that was nice.  I would like to go next year, I am curious to see the topics they have for discussion next time.  I went to one on nutrition and one called to share or not to share.  It felt like it ended up turning into a group therapy session which wasn't a bad thing.  I found that a lot of the other young people there had been in remission for years which was good to hear but also hard to hear.   It was interesting to meet everyone and hear their stories, I am glad we went.

I heard about another dr who works with my current oncologist that might be a better fit for me.  I will see what we think of the new one at mass general first and decide if we want to meet another one.  This other dr, the couple we met sees him and he is on a few clinical trials so I was surprised. 

I will try to blog if I can tomorrow at the hospital about the scan results. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the conference and got to connect with some people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a weekend well spent!

    ReplyDelete