Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

I beleive in you, Leah

Hi Everyone,

I'm Leah's friend Kim. I don’t mean to take away from Leah’s post below (please read that first), but I need to advocate for her while she’s processing this difficult news and going through so much. She needs an outpouring of love and support right now, and I know it will mean so much to her if you are able to show your support in a way that you feel comfortable.

I think it takes a lot of guts for Leah to write personal news and emotions so publicly on this blog for all to read. I couldn’t do that – even commenting a sentence or two on her blog so publicly can be difficult, as I know it is for some. So I got permission to share her email address: leahinnewport@hotmail.com and mailing address: 151 Carriage Drive, Portsmouth, RI 02871

If you find it on your heart to reach out to her, I hope you do in some way. Whenever you feel that pull is the right time. Though she will be able to read everything that is sent to her, she will almost certainly be unable to respond because she will be heavily medicated and cannot focus to write (writing her blog post was extremely difficult for this reason). But please know that each sign of positive support will work it’s way to filling her heart and will be much appreciated.

So I’m going to take a page from Leah’s brave book and post part of an email I wrote to her 2 days ago:
There's nothing I can do to change the news, but I want to remind you of my support and love for you.
I don't ever want you to feel despair, so that's why I want to write you and tell you wonderful things because you are wonderful and deserve to hear and feel lots and lots of good things.


You are an amazing person. You have a positive effect on anyone you meet. Sharing your story has touched so many people - I know you know this.
I can't hear the word "grace" and not think of you. You are the most thoughtful person I've ever met.
You are a fantastic mother. You are the best of best friends. I know from seeing the love in the eyes of those who love you that they got lucky because you are their daughter, sister, cousin, wife, etc.
 

It's not a coincidence that you are so remarkable at all these things. I think it's because you have a strong inner core. Perhaps another word for inner core is "soul". I'm sure you’ve had to call upon this inner strength many times during your life. I imagine through each hardship (though you may not have realized it) you built upon your inner core and made a strong foundation. This has made you the wonderful amazing person you are today. I think people see this shining through and can't help but admire.
I want you to know I am one of the admirers and I believe in you. Let your soul guide you, because it is very wise and good.

6 comments:

  1. Kim, Thank you so much for sharing your email to Leah and for encouraging us all to tell Leah what we are all thinking. You have brought tears to my eyes because of the truth you shared.
    Leah, I love you dearly and Kim's words are so true. You are the best friend, mother, wife, human that anyone could even hope to aspire to be. You are a beautiful and kind friend and I am thinking and praying for you constantly. I hope you find peace as you work through finding pain management right now. I am always rooting for you. You are my warrior.
    With love,
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,

    You have shown us what it is to be courageous, taught us to live our lives with grace and continue to be the kind of person who reminds us, every day, to be kind to one another. I check your blog daily. I think about You and Your Family a lot. There's a lot of people out here, all of them with hearts full of hope and peace and they're all wishing you well. All of us are holding your hand to remind you that you have a place in our hearts.

    Danh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that beautiful post Kim. I also believe in you Leah and I love you very much. Keep up that positive attitude that has touched all of us in ways that would be impossible to express. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post Kim and for sharing your wonderful words about our dear Leah.

    Leah - There are no words that can express Chris and my feelings about reading the most recent post from you and hearing all that has happened since your return from Tuscon. It is with a heavy heart and tears streaming that I write this post to you. I am sure not the first person to feel this way and I wont be the last...you are an inspiration to all of us. From the grace and dignity and FIGHT that you have shown throughout this process, it amazes us and I'm sure everyone, everyday, how strong a person you are physically, emotionally and spiritually. You have touched so many people in the course of writing this blog and expressing your emotions, thoughts, feelings and treatment plans. This hasn’t been an easy journey for you and I applaud you for what you've achieved....you have shared things with us that are hard for most people to fathom. You have done something many would never be able to do – to share your healing journey with us all in the hopes that we could understand a portion of what you are going through. You are a devoted mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt and friend. You are the strongest person I have EVER met. I hope this finds you more comfortable and at home with your family. Please know that we think and pray for you daily. Not a moment goes by when we don’t think about how you are feeling and dealing with all of this. We love you so much Leah! We will continue to pray for healing and comfort. With all of our love, ~Chris, Krista, Clare & Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "God bless you my sister in Christ". My continued prayers'. Roberta Thees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah, Although I have never met you in person, I have followed your blog and personal journey through a dear mutual friend, Dawn. I'm so saddened to hear about the latest news…. I am at a loss for words but just wanted you to know that I think it is wonderful that you continued to blog and share your story with others. You are such a brave and courage woman Leah. I will continue to pray for you and your family and loved ones.

    Leslie Flynn

    ReplyDelete