Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

home again

I made it home safely on Monday.  Had chemo Tuesday and here I am again, in bed, awaiting for Monday to come because I know I will feel better by then. 

I had an apt with my oncologist on Tuesday which proved to be full of more confusing information regarding radiation and my lung, so no news there.  Except I guess the new confusing news.  He seems to think whether or not the spot in my lung is cancer will effect the decision of whether or not to do radiation.  So this means I still won't know if I'm going down that path until after pathology report comes back after surgery.   He thinks that if it has spread to my lung this means there is less of a reason to do radiation on my colon area to prevent spreading since it would have already proven to have spread.

Surgery should be mid April and I'm trying to figure out how to get back to Tucson before then!  I realized how sad it was this morning when I was picturing myself back in a hospital bed awaiting surgery and wanting to be there because it meant chemo was over, so I need a new exciting trip or something to look forward to that doesn't involve a hospital or surgery!

4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry that you can't know more. It must be hard not to know what to expect and to have to just "wait it out," when it comes to such serious health matters. I wish I could change that for you (and lots of things about this situation!).

    I vote in favor of heading back to Arizona, for sure! You need more of that gorgeous sunshine!!! If Pat or I can help Bryan out with the kids or household stuff while you're away (or anytime), let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do need an exciting trip. The bahamas perhaps? Warm beaches and water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, don't be sad. There is an end to all of this, and every day you're one step closer. Try to see beyond these hurdles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating to not get the answers you want. I'm with Christine. I'll meet you in the Bahamas, but I guess free lodging in Tucson is hard to beat. Let me know if you decide on a date and I'm totally there!

    ReplyDelete