Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HIPEC

So I met with the dr who performs the hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) or chemo bath.  It felt more like a 2nd opinion, which was good.  He is a surgical oncologist, although, his lab coat looked more like a chef uniform and it had some stains so I was trying to ignore the image of him cooking while we discussed my future treatments.  (sort of kidding!)

I haven't made a decision yet but I am leaning toward doing the HIPEC.  I have no interest in doing the IV chemo FULFIRI for 6 months.  I don't believe that the first 6 months of FULFOX chemo didn't work.  I believe that the cancer on my ovary was there when they took out my colon tumor.  It hid out during chemo and the cyst grew in response to the cancer.  This showed up on the scan and lead to the removal.  I think that the cancer cells got to the ovary through close proximity and not through the blood, thus proving that the chemo did work.  If the Dr was expecting a tiny nodule on my lung to only shrink during chemo, then clearly the cancer on the ovary was big enough not to be eliminated with the chemo and then grew after.  The next part I am not sure of.  The point of doing the HIPEC would be to avoid any cancer growing on my peritoneum, which is hard to detect and treat.  I am not sure that there are no other loose cells out there in my abdomen that the IV chemo didn't kill.  This is the only reason I would do the HIPEC. 

The surgery would be in about a month.  The recovery doesn't seem too bad but just like the oophorectomy, he plans to do it laparascopically unless there is too much scar tissue and he needs to make a bigger incision which leads to longer recovery.  I would have an NG tube for a few days which totally freaks me out.  I feel like opting to do the HIPEC is doing something instead of nothing which I feel comfortable with at this point.

On another note, after my last post I was flooded with emails, comments, texts and phone calls and I feel so loved.  Thank you to everyone who has continued to support me as this journey seems to just get harder and more difficult to navigate and survive, but I am doing it and it is because of all of you supporting me and helping me through this.

3 comments:

  1. 1 Peter 5:7
    Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Leah, you are loved and prayed for everyday. I gave an update on your condition to our church body last Sunday. I've had several friends call or email me asking for updates on you and saying they are praying for you regularly. Leah, I would like to leave this verse with you as an encouragement:
    Isaiah 40:31 "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
    Lily C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete