Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day after chemo

Today was an exhausting day. I slept a lot and it is interesting to see the different side effects of the chemo, like muscle twitching and such. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to shower for 10 days after the port is put in, so I will have to do some creative bathing. I think I'm tired from the pump chemo that I have on now that runs 48 hrs after the 2 hrs o chemo I got in the hospital. But who knows.
I met with my Dr and he told me that the new smaller spots they found are in the other lung, not the same lung as the original spot. he also said they are new and didn't show up in the scan a month ago so they actually grew in the past month, crazy. he didn't seem hopeful that the chemo would take care of the original spot but did think it would take care of the new ones. we will consult with a lung surgeon but I'm assuming they will have to operate at some point to remove the bigger spot from my lung.
Feeling pretty nauseas today, hoping I can feel well enough to take out my cat (elly) and dog (drew) trick-or-treating, I will have to post a picture of the kids when they are dressed!

8 comments:

  1. I do hope you feel well enough to go out with the kids Leah....and I look forward to the pictures. I bet they are soooo cute. Tell Elly I said to give a big "Meow" at every house!!
    Sorry I haven't posted, we didn't have internet, phone or tv for 2 days. Sounds like youv'e had a tough couple of days. I'm thinking and praying for you everyday...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the nausea passes soon. Just eat whatever is the most appealing. I'm surprised about the shower since our patients can shower the next day (with a clear plastic dressing in place). Thinking of you throughout each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were able to get out tonight. I bet the kids were adorable. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got to go out with the kids tonight. Hopefully the nausea will pass when the 48 hours is over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got out last night with your "pets" :)

    Keep resting and letting the meds do their thing. Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was so nice to see you out last night ... And the kids were adorable! Hope your rice crispie treat craving was adequately satisfied :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leah,
    Sorry you are feeling so tired and lousy, but thank God for chemo. Stay strong! Did you get to go trick or treating?
    Sending prayers and love,
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing great Leah! Keep up the good work. Sending love your way. ~ Jackie

    ReplyDelete