Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

nausea vs hunger

I haven't had pain meds in over 2 days but am fighting nausea and trying to eat to help with nausea.  Not sure why I'm experiencing this.  thankfully I have some anti nausea medicine that seems to take the edge off but I still am feeling sick the past 3 days and I am not sure what from.  I think a call to the Dr might be in order.  It is clearly not from the pain killers since I haven't touched those in days and thankfully can say that I am not experiencing any pains where my incisions are anymore.

I have one pretty big incision at my bikini line that i have heard compared to a C-section incision. I was a little surprise when I first saw it since i had the surgery laparoscopically but that is the biggest one and where they took everything out from.  Other than that I have one little hole from where a drain was hooked up until about 3 days post op and also 3 other sizable incisions that have glue over them that will eventually peel off.  I debated posting a photo but i will refrain from grossing you all out :)

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're doing well! don't be afraid to be too cautious...call the doc if you're not feeling well! my dad had a lot of nausea during his post-op period...so it could be normal...but best to be cautious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom! Called dr and they recommended small diet change and they might want to see me tomorrow if it continues, so it doesn't sound normal, which is a bummer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, sorry to hear you're nauseated but that's great you're off the pain medicine already, wow!

    ReplyDelete