Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

The yay list

Someone from my church sent a really nice card the other day, thanks Joanne! I really liked the sayings in it. My favorite part was,
"God will give you everything you need to do everything He has called you to do. You are in His hands and His will, and there is no better place to be."
With that said, I came up with a list of things that God has given me as tools to survive this difficult journey. This is not an all inclusive list and I am sure I will go back and add to it! I am most grateful for the prayers, love and support from all of our friends and family!
1. My mom, who is like my best friend, is somehow managing to have someone take over her adoption agency in AZ and come out here for 5 to 6 weeks at a time during my chemo and go home for 2 weeks in between to check on things, huge yay for me for getting to spend so much time with her! WhenI moved across the country 11 years ago I have only been able to see her for weeks at a time each year.
2. Getting to spend so much time with my kids, friends and family!
3. By next summer I am hoping I will feeling much better with everything behind me and I can enjoy the beach with the kids and all that summer has to offer.
4. Finding someone to watch my kids the 2 days I needed covered
5. My cousin rachael, who is the closest thing to a sister I will ever have, has been able to be there for my dr visits, surgery and take great care of my children, couldn't ask for a better sister!
6. This chemo treatment is most likely not going to make me lose my hair which seems trivial but it's the little things right?!
7. The way my treatment schedule falls as of now I should be feeling decent for Thanks giving and Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Love your postiveness Leah! Finding the good things in a journey as difficult as this shows how special you are! I'm sure this list will keep growing.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great things! I am so happy to hear that your mom will be here for you ... What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to hear that your mama will be out there with you so much Leah!!! As you know, there is something special about a mother's love....there is healing it. Whether a skinned knee or something far more challenging such as you are going through, being near mom makes it a little bit more comfortable. Thinking of you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah,
    We are celebrating your Yays and looking forward to seeing what more you add. You have incredible strength and the power to do amazing things. We continue to hold you close in thought and prayer. ~Rebecca and Matt, Gavin & Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling relieved for you because having your mom near during these type of family situations is the BEST thing ever. Feeling relieved for you because not having to come up with new hair styles when your feeling punky is the best thing ever. Feeling relieved for you because if you are able to enjoy Elly and Drew during the holidays will make everyone feel good and that is also the best thing ever. But the real best thing ever is knowing you are in GODs hands!

    ReplyDelete