Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

summer!

I have felt the need to blog but I don't really know what to say.  I have a call into the dana farber Dr as of this morning to see what her colleagues thought of my case.  I also have an apt to see my oncologist here in providence on friday.  I spoke with him last week and he seemed to think it was very reasonable to do the wait and watch approach at this point.  He also agreed a scan mid july was a good plan. 

I feel so relieved that summer is finally here!  I had my first real beach day and discovered my almost 2 year old is terrified of sand!  we had him touching it in no time but it was a great thing to watch, my kids are always surprising me.  I hope to go back to work in September.  I am still taking naps and feeling tired, but I hope to be feeling really good by then.  That will be about a year since this all started and that seems so crazy to me, who knew that I would be spending a whole year like I did. 

I still feel so blessed.  I have the two most beautiful children in the world, I mean what are the chances right?! How did we get so lucky?? ;)  Thanks to my neighbor who took these pictures of my little ones. 

I think one of the hardest things through all of this is to just be with them every day and think that I might not get to see them grow up.  I know I shouldn't be thinking that way but it is impossible not to go there once in a while.  I have heard recently that there are some people that find it too hard to read my blog.  I totally get that, but I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone who does and continues to support me.  I need you all, you are what get me through the rough patches and I know as rough as these last 10 months have been, there is so much more to face.  Stay with me!

11 comments:

  1. Sand can be known to be very shifty!!! :) How adorable are those children?

    Nice to hear you talking about beach days and work (well not so much work, but you know of what I speak)! Enjoy the warm stretch of weather and the wonderful place we live during this time of year!

    Many hugs Leah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah - you are amazing! I'm so happy you got to the beach and that you're thinking of work in Sept - great news all around!
    So happy for you. Your positive attitude and beautiful outlook on life is so wonderful.
    Your treatment plan sounds perfect & completely reasonable!
    I agree that your children are very beautiful, but no surprise on why they are! :)
    XO!
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah - i cant believe it's been almost a year since you called me at work and told me what was going on. My heart breaks going back to that memory...but I am so glad you are now on the other side of all the treatments and are in a holding pattern. It must give you strength to know that you have made it through this winding, bumpy road with all the love and support from your friends and family. I agree, it's hard not to think about the future and the 'what if's' but live in the moment. Breathe in every moment and know that everyone continues to send thoughts, prayers and love to you. Enjoy your summer, we'll be headed out soon (Still havent gotten the okay for the hotel, can only book 1 month before date of travel! - government!) Anyway, looking forward to spending a few days with you, Bry and the kiddos! They are growing so fast!!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Leah,
    You continue to speak truth and beauty to us through your writings. It is a beautiful thing to hear you speak with hope about your children and the time you are spending with them and Bryan. Absolutely adorable pictures of the kids! Keep dancing and smiling...Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Leah...your children are beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing summer, and we will continue to pray for you. Also remember there is One who will 'never leave you nor forsake you.' God bless! Jan DaCosta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not going anywhere. Well,ok, technically I'm away right now, but still thinking of you and checking in to read your latest words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong and you will make it. Never ever give up!! Harve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leah, We're right here, staying the course with you. So glad to see you post again. I tried to respond from my iPad before but I wasn't able to. You and your precious family are in our thoughts and prayers regularly and will continue to be. Yes, like Jan said: 'He will never leave you or forsake you'. Also, 'He is the friend that sticks closer than a brother.' Prov. 18:24 Enjoy your summer and your time with those cuties!! Lily C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leah,
    I love your blog. You are such an inspiration. Your posts should be gift wrapped and handed to everyone about to go through what you have been through in the past year. Your posts have been inspirational, honest, and a testimony for "common sense" and taking an active part in the research and treatment plan for your own situation. I am sure that you touch and positively impact people that you will never know.
    I hope that you have a wonderful summer and continue to feel better and stronger. Missy
    PS I still say Ellie is the "spittin image" of your mom!


    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat and I hope every single day that you beat this and do get to see those beautiful little ones grow up. We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so freaking cute, I am blessed to know you and share in their delights and woes of being a kid xo coll

    ReplyDelete