Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Guess what I'm not doing today!?

So today would normally be a chemo day for me.  I get nauseas just thinking about it, and hearing the word "chemo", but alas, I am not driving to Boston today, I am packing!  I booked my balloon ride for Thursday, it's bright and early 5am, so you east coasters can think of me and bryan flying at 8am, I can't wait to share photos!

I was able to spend some time yesterday with a friend of mine who is going through a clinical trial for ovarian cancer.  Her trial seems very similar to the one I am interested in and is also done at Mass General.  It is just taking two different kind of drugs in pill form that are designed to stop cancer cell growth.  She seems to be doing well and I won't forget her words that gave me a feeling of relief.  She does have side effects from the drugs that aren't pleasant but she said "it does feel like a break from chemo."  And the good news is her trial shes on seems to be working!

We leave tomorrow and as Elly says, "we are on vacation for 14 days!"  very exciting!  and as Drew says, "we are going in an airplane way way up to see Nina in Arizona!"  I think since my mom was staying with us for so long they are extremely excited to see her.  My dad and his wife and kids and my brother and his girlfriend are also out in Tucson so we will get to see everyone!

I feel like I just finished getting over a cold and got another one.  I guess that's just how it goes, but these colds knock me out, I get so exhausted.  Hopefully I will be feeling better soon and the sun and fresh air will keep me from getting sick again while i'm away.  Here we come sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Leah - HAVE A FABULOUS TIME! Enjoy the hot air balloon ride! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope it is relaxing and fun and I'm so glad you get a break from chemo! Prayers that you will feel well and that this will be a rejuvenating trip!
    I can't wait to hear that you are selected for the trial.. praying for that!
    Enjoy your vacation :)
    Love, Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete