Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Time to try something!

The drs visit actually couldn't have gone any better if you ask me!  She was fully supportive of "taking a break" from chemo and said that its a reasonable decision right now.  We didn't define what a break meant I think we are just going to see how it goes.  I will see her again in month to get tumor markers measured and get examined.  The dr even said that she is trained to work with chemo and that some of the other alternatives have been out there for a while, longer than chemo and that there could be some validity to them.

To top it off the scan showed no growth.  I know what I feel and I feel like I know my body. I am glad about the results but also a little concerned.

We have decided on an alternative method but I don't feel comfortable sharing it on the blog.  As things progress if it does indeed work I am sure I will be happy to share!!
Thanks for all your support, we are so happy the dr is being supportive as well!  My prayers were answered on that one!

8 comments:

  1. I'm happy that your scan showed no growth and that your doctor is on your side when it comes to choosing treatment. Fingers crossed that your new method is successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that there was no growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that the scan came out well AND that your doctor was receptive and willing to work with you, Leah. When does the "chemo break" start? Now? Any plans now that you will be feeling chemo-free for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopeful for you, Leah!

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you every day Leah and hoping for the peace and wellness that you so deserve. Hugs from AZ! Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy your scan showed no growth. I hope your new method works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear about no new growth. I hope this new thing you are trying will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for it, Leah. Praying whatever you choose to do will help. So glad the scans were good and your Dr. so supportive. God bless! Jan

    ReplyDelete