Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

side effects

I of course am praying that the alternative method i'm trying will be successful and will make my tumors shrink.  While I am not getting chemo I am thoroughly enjoying not having the following side effects, although there are some that never seemed to go away from last year when I had chemo.  Unfortunately there are so many more, and there are ones that will appear late in life or never go away.

Side Effects from my chemo, avastin and anti-nausea drugs:

bloody noses
headaches
brittle nails splitting and making fingers bleed
fatigue
nausea
vomiting
chills
weight gain
super sensitive gums and teeth
super sensitive to sun exposure
diarrhea
constipation
neuropathy
bladders spams and bladder sensitivity and pain
mouth sores
insomnia
intestinal cramping
hair loss and thinning

I really feel like I am truly able to enjoy life this past week.  I don't have the upcoming doom of my chemo treatment and I don't have to not make plans for a whole week while i'm not feeling well.  I am running and feeling really good, it's so nice to not have at least a few of the side effects from the poison!

5 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you are feeling so good, Leah.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I truly hope your tumors shrink with the new method too. I'll pray with you! So glad you are enjoying relief of some of the side effects... It is terrible they make you feel that way!
    Have a great day!
    Love, Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you are getting a break. Fingers crossed that the new method works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to read this post! Makes me want to say "Horray!"
    Thinking of and praying for you!
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete