Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

3 of the many things to be thankful for

I have been feeling much better this round.  I'm not sure if it's staying on top of my meds or all the ginger I have been drinking.  It sounds easy but taking my medication at certain times and making sure they don't run out too close together is really important and I think that might be part of the reason I was feeling so sick last time.  So I am grateful for this time being better!

So I have been meaning to do another post about some of the things I have to be thankful for.  Here we go:
1. My job and my awesome company that I have worked for 10 years this coming January.  It seems odd for me to even say "my job" because I haven't worked in over 3 months.  I do however, still have a job to go back to as far as  I know and wonderful people to work for and with.  The Senior Vice President organized a photo opportunity of some of the employees at the company with their Ploutz Power bracelets.  The photo below shows what I was presented with.  It has a nice saying on it: "Once you choose hope, anything is possible.  A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be.  With heartfelt wishes in support of Leah and the entire Ploutz Family:  A collection of SEA CORP hands with "Ploutz Power" BANDS!

2.  My hair!!  I didn't want to jinx it but I think it is safe to say that I will not be losing my hair.  I have had 4 treatments and I don't show any signs of my hair falling out or even thinning!  I am very excited about this! 

3.  My friends and family.  I have had 699 unique visitors to my blog.  This means there are so many of you out there praying for me that I don't even know and have never met!  And it is working.  I feel so loved and supported through all of this and that is the best we can hope for. 

My friend Christine has been sending me flowers that she crochets every other week and I now have a beautiful bouquet of them.  She prayers for me while she makes them and sends the prayer along with the flower, how cool is that?! 


Another friend of mine, Cheri, gave me this wonderful frame that has our last name spelled out with letters found in nature.  It is now hanging in our entry way.  The frame says "Strength does not come from physical capacity.  It comes from an indomitable will." Ghandi

My friend Kim ordered more Ploutz Power bracelets.  If there is anyone that hasn't received one and would like one please let me know!

 

5 comments:

  1. Leah, you are surrounded by beautiful and wonderful people. It filled my heart with a huge smile while I read this post. I am so thankful to be part of your life and for all the outstanding friends and family members who are supporting you. I love you so much my friend! I can't wait to see you and give you a huge hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can feel how very loved and supported you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing this post. It gave me goosebumps - you are such a beautiful and strong woman. The outpouring of love and support is a beautiful thing and you deserve every ounce of it.
    XOs
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news. Cant wait to see you all in a few days.

    ReplyDelete