Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dr Safran scan interpretation

I did get to talk to Dr. Safran earlier today.  He said, "This was a good scan after 4 treatments."  He also said that the spot in the lungs on the left that is bigger we had known would need to be surgically removed and he didn't expect the chemo to shrink it.  He did say that he thought the spots on the right lung that were smaller had indeed shrunk a little bit. 

The plan for now is to have Dr. Safran talk to Dr. Ng (lung surgeon in providence) and they are going to set up an appointment for me to meet with Dr. Ng.  He said that the earliest they would want to operate is after 6 treatments but we need to talk to Dr. Ng to find out what he wants to do.  So for now we are just waiting for the apt date with Dr. Ng. 

I am not looking forward to another surgery and was really secretly hoping that I wouldn't have to have one but I guess I need to face the fact now that I definitely will.  Just hoping it doesn't impact my AZ trip, but hopefully we will know that soon.  

4 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see you yesterday Leah, and Elly too!! I hope she is making me a picture for my wall here in Tech II....I'm glad that your scan was good but I am sad that you will still need the surgery. :( One day at a time, right...I really hope you get to go AZ too!!!
    Talk to ya soon!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... P.S...I love the new design on your blog...very pretty!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like good news, "good scan for 4 treatments" is good! Very sorry to hear about the surgery, Leah, but agree with Dawn, one day at a time. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete