Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

halfway point

One of my mom's sisters who I am very close with was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in January of last year. I remember thinking, if I ever went through anything like that, I would finally be reading again, watching all my silly shows on netflix all the time and and watching movies like crazy. Alas, I hadn't been doing any of those things, until recently! I just hadn't been able to concentrate enough until recently. I am on my second book and totally lost in it, which is great for my head lately. I also just went to the movies for the first time in forever and it was so great to get fully submerged into something besides my life for once. I had a rough weekend, being really fatigued and the book and the movie really helped me get "out of my head" for a while. I am trying to take it day by day but it's hard to think that way when I am at the half way point and I know that I have to go through what I just went through all over again for another 12 weeks.

This week I have 3 drs appointments! I need to schedule them on my good weeks so they all ended up on the same week some how. I am seeing a pulmonologist tomorrrow as a second opinion on my lungs. I am very excited about this because a friend strongly recommended this Dr and when I brought his name up to my oncologist he immediately lit up and said I love him I will get you an apt right away! and he did!

I am also seeing a radiologist this week. I am curious to hear his opinion on radiation and my lungs. I am also seeing a genetic counselor to have some genetic testing done.

In other news, my hair has stopped growing so lets just hope that means just that and that it won't fall out!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the pulmonologist too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the appointments, it will be great to hear some more news about what you might expect in the future.

    Hooray for some good distractions! Glad you've been able to enjoy some books and movies.

    Fingers crossed for your hair! My offer still stands, just in case! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is a great escape! Glad you're able to enjoy it again!

    ReplyDelete