Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's you, not me

If you click on the photo you can see the writing on the mask, it says, "it's you, not me"  I am leaving for Arizona on Monday and I am bringing masks for the airplane since I am pretty susceptible to illnesses while on chemo.  I am paranoid that people are going to think I have some contagious illness so I came up with "it's you, not me" but don't worry I don't think I'm really going to wear it.  I am more likely going to wear one that says, "I have cancer, what do you have?"  Kidding again, unless you think I should?

I felt sick before I even left the chemo chair today, so I am not excited about the next 5 days, but I have come home and eaten to help my stomach feel better... and to counteract all the food my boss let me borrow her treadmill!  We got it last night and I am so excited to be able to exercise right in our basement!  I am sure my mom the marathoner will get some use out of it too.  My neighbor let me borrow Downton Abbey, the first season, so I will have to set up the tv down there and try watching it.

8 comments:

  1. Now that would make it worth it to be on the treadmill! Downton Abbey! I'm so jealous!

    Nurses at work have to wear masks if they refuse to get the flu shot! (I'll have to think of something to write on them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah you are too funny...you could write "I'm not contagious but U may B" .... :) I hope you enjoy AZ and make sure you absorb plenty of that sunshine!!
    <3 Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always say I Support Michael Jacksons choices! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't see the writing when you texted me yesterday - LOVE IT!
    Sorry to hear this treatment is being, predictably, nasty to you ... hopefully thoughts of sunny Arizona will help you get thru the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Arizona, and the treadmill! Oh gosh, I imagine the sunshine will feel better than just about anything else. It is so darn cold this week, stay warm!

    And maybe it's an odd sense of humor I have, but I like both of your mask ideas. :)

    Pat can get you through the end of Season 3 if you like the show, just let one of us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy that warmth in AZ! Love the "it's not me" bit as well!

    Stay safe!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a woman in the airport Monday with a mask on and figured it was flu related. So don't be self conscious; my point is that I think it looks more like a given person is trying to avoid getting sick, which is your situation. The average traveler is either at the gate trying to get a seat or flight change or they are charging, talking on, or looking at their phones or laptops.

    summary: no one will care and #1 priority is for you to have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to wear those. They are hilarious. Have a great trip in AZ!

    ReplyDelete