Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

where did the good days go?

I feel like I experienced something worse than chemo this past week.  First I started off the week getting pink eye in one eye and then the other....Then I don't know what it was that I got sick with but I had a high fever and some kind of stomach bug for 5 days.  I think it was so awful because it was supposed to be my good days!  In the middle of it all I couldn't have fathomed getting treatment this Tuesday but now that I think I'm better (fingers crossed) I think I can handle it.  We will see how my blood work is and see if my body is ready I guess.

I am supposed to see the oncologist on Tuesday and I am hoping that he has spoken with the surgeon and the radiation oncologist so we have some idea what they're thinking in regard to radiation.  The oncologist said he would have talked to them by Tuesday but shall see.

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are over that nasty thing! I can't believe you lost your good days ... And still have the determination to stick to your treatment schedule. You continue to amaze me, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really rotten than you got robbed of your good days in this two week cycle. Maybe it was easier to face than if you'd just received treatment, I guess? Either way, I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most times, I'm not sure of what to write. The words I think may make a difference escape me like rain through my fingers. The closest I can come to expressing my feelings is that while we share your bad days and wish there were someway we could help, we feel lost (By share, I don't, in any way mean to compare our bad days with yours. I mean us locking our keys in the car and you having a bad chemo day are definitely an apples and turnip kind of thing). We all, I'm sure, want more than anything else for you to feel better, get stronger and come back to work and lock your car keys in your car. I got AAA, that I can fix. Get well, my friend. We need you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...all sorts of nasty virus's out there. Glad you're feeling better; praying as you go for your chemo tomorrow...may God strengthen and bless even through this hard time. Jan DaCosta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well today! SOO nice to spend time with you and the kids yesterday! Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, just ICK and during the days that are traditionally the "good ones".

    Hope you are feeling better after that bug has made it's way out!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This probably wont help but many of the kids at school had the same flu lasting several days with a fairly good fever. It also took them several days to bounce back. I tell you this so that you know it is out there and somewhat normal for you to have picked it up. I know that you want normalcy in your life. I wish I could serve it up to you in a better form however (LOL). Our season is coming to an end on the 16th of March so there will be an abundance of babysitters at my disposal for a month or so! Just let me know. In the mean time feel better and wishes for good news at the doctors. You are missed around here.

    ReplyDelete