Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Between the sheets

Now that I have your attention!  As you can see by the title of the post I am writing a romance novel in my spare time...Just kidding....the real reason for the title is that I am sleeping in a bed again and I just love the feeling of sleeping between sheets compared to my recliner with a blanket.  It's the little things right?!  The tumors on my sides aren't painful like they use to be and the fluid I had is gone, and the shooting pain down my leg is gone.  Lots of things to be thankful for, I want to say the drugs are working, we will see what the scan shows in a few weeks, but we all know what matters is how I feel and in that regard I'm on no pain meds and that's a great thing.

Since my mom and I didn't get to go on our vacation to Tucson we have decided to make the best of the week and stay at her friends little cottage in middletown.  Although we didn't have the greatest of starts to the week, we spent the entire day Monday in Boston at Mass General because they wanted to see me for my rash, so its a good thing we didn't go away.  They ended up giving me a steroid which I haven't noticed helping yet except that it seems to be helping my appetite.

We did get to spend yesterday doing some christmas shopping, and I had wanted to get the kids build-a-bears for christmas with my voice recorded in them and we accomplished that mission.  It's such a cute concept and I did the whole routine of getting their heart beat going and making  the biggest wish in the world to put inside the bear, we all know what the wish would be and it was a little hard not to get emotional in the build-a-bear workshop but I held it together.  Then I got to pick out the cutest outfits ever to accessorize them and spend way too much money!

The pills i'm on for the trial are causing the rash so thankfully this is my week off as of today from those.  So hopefully between the steroids and not being on the pills we can get that under control.  It is really painful on my face and of course makes me self conscious of what I look like.  It's pretty easy to conceal the back and chest in the winter.  They also told me to stay out of the sun so this rainy week in New England is actually better for me than the sunny week in Tucson I'm missing!  Everything was meant to be I guess.

7 comments:

  1. You sound so upbeat, Leah! Happy for you! It is a great thing that you are sleeping in a bed again and without pain. Very hopeful that those new drugs ARE working!
    Hope the rash clears up soon.

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Leah! Like they say everything happens for a reason right. I'm just happy that you always find a good reason!! The bears sound awsome. What a great idea. The kids are going to love them I'm sure. I'm so happy your feeling better and yes.... to sleep in a bed between the sheets is the greatest!!!
    Love Dawny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better, and enjoying some "time away," Leah! How special about those bears... what a wonderful gift! And yes, that title definitely got my attention, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww man, I was all ready to get on the waitlist for your book! ;) I loved everything about this post! (Aside from the rash part of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! I think the bears are such a fantastic idea. Glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy the week away!! -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, incredible idea/gift but so are you, hugs, Coll

    ReplyDelete