Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Plant Strong


My brother has been in town for almost 2 weeks now and he has been introducing me to some vegan recipes and of course more juicing.  The kids are joining in as well and love it despite protesting it is too loud!



I have registered for my retreat in September followed by my colonoscopy that I am due for, September 26.  But before all that, I have my next scan July 17, a few days after I return from vacation.  I have a drs apt to discuss the scan July 19.  I am really hoping this doesn't ruin my birthday on July 22nd, it will be hard to want to celebrate if they find something.    I have quite a few symptoms that could be related to the cancer coming back or could be totally unrelated so  it is very nerve racking.    I guess this will be the rest of my life! I also feel as though my neuropathy  just made a jump into getting much worse instead of better, which surprised me since it hadn't gotten worse in about a month.   
 
I am really trying hard to follow a vegan diet. Check this out. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2250052 I think the coolest thing about the study at the link above is that even after 2 weeks of changing their diet they noticed a significant difference in their bodies fighting off cancer!  Here is a vegan lasagna I made tonight, soooo good!


(recipe: http://engine2diet.com/recipe/raise-the-roof-sweet-potato-lasagna/ )

I am off for vacation in a few days and I am sure it will be challenging to follow my diet as well as be surrounded by strangers that have no idea the fight I have been living.  I just hope I can relax and enjoy my time with the kids and Bryan and forget about my worries for a little while, as hard as that may be.  Happy 4th of July everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation Leah! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. BTW I would starve on a vegan diet LOL. The best medicine is always to enjoy your beautiful children they are your future and we are betting that your future will be long and healthy. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacation and try not to fret because you are doing everything possible to stay in good health and fight the cancer! Where do we deliver GF vegan cupcakes to you on 7/22? Can't say I recommend juicing them but they sure are good all by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear you guys are going on vacation - enjoy and happy 4th!
    If you ever get on pinterest I follow "Vegan Cuts" and they have offered a lot of yummy suggestions. Also, on your phone or ipad look for vegan apps. There is 1 called "Happy Cow" which is free and will tell you where Vegan restaurants or stores are!
    PS - awesome pics of shakes and lasagne! :)
    XO!
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you!!!! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you, my friend! Glad to hear you are off on vacation, but not so happy to hear you have some new symptoms ,,, hopefully it is nothing! Love the picture of Drew fending off the noise of the juicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lasagna looked yummy!!

    Enjoy your vacation sweetie!!!!


    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just on the off-chance you haven't come across this, since it relates to vegan diet & cancer amongst other things...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Sexy_Cancer
    Stay strong!
    Alastair (friend of your mother)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your vaca and family Leah! Our daughter Avery fought off some intense Lyme disease symptoms last year, and while she was on some holistic meds vs anti-biotics to do it, the primary thing she did to get ahead in her battle was diet. She is gluten free and sugar free, and mostly dairy free too with some occasional meat mixed in. But the gluten and sugar absence coupled with lots of veggies and juicing were the primary things that detoxified her and starved the nasty Lyme related bacterial cells from thriving. I hope this new regime makes you feel better too!!!
    DaveL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leah! I hope you're having a fantastic vacation. I love the pictures of the kids you've posted here on your blog. Can't wait to hang out soon! PS - You're doing a great job handling all of this 'cancer stuff'!

    Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete