Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Didn't you know? Chemo is toxic!

I just met with my oncologist here in providence.  He did speak with my dr from dana farber.  He seemed perfectly fine with my decision and also mentioned that the IV chemo they wanted to use has a high toxcicity and he sees why waiting and watching was recommended by Dana farber drs.  I also ran into my colorectal surgeon at the hospital after and he was very happy to hear my decision and told me twice he is so glad that I decided not to do anymore treatment.

Speaking of chemo being toxic, I am in the process of registering to attend a holistic cancer conference and retreat in Atlanta in September.  My aunt who is an ovarian cancer survivor agreed to go with me.  I feel like it will be a good thing for me since I am not doing treatment now and I am using diet to help keep the cancer away.  The conference will have cancer survivors that didn't use chemo and are now cancer free all through diet.  I am excited to meet and spend a weekend with others who have traveled a similar path and I am sure have some advice and knowledge to share!

5 comments:

  1. This is SO great! I know a man who had prostate cancer and completely changed his diet and his cancer went away. I can't wait to hear how all of this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep plugging Leah - I pray alot for you! Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting, Leah! I definitely believe there's a lot to food and how it affects our health that we still don't know. I'm sure you can pick up some tips at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad all these doctors reaffirm your decision to not go through chemo!
    And so looking forward to learning more about curing cancer with diet. You're attacking this cancer with new technology (chemo) and some good old fashioned "technology" (food)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy for you, Leah! A retreat sounds wonderful. Something positive to look forward to! Missy

    ReplyDelete