Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

stories

I have had a few people around my age tell me recently that they have had colonoscopies in the past year.  I was pretty surprised, but so glad to hear that my story had prompted them to take action and make sure they didn't have anything like cancer going on with their bodies.  I am so taken aback by stories like these where I feel like I made a difference in someones life without really even doing anything!

And I am so glad to hear that people are being proactive and learning from my mistakes, that's all that I could ask for.  Thankfully no one ended up in my situation but that's the point right to be PRO-active before anything turns into cancer!

I have had a cold for over 2 weeks and it just makes everything a little more difficult. It seems so petty to complain about a cold but whatever, I am on chemo and everything is pretty crappy.  I am sometimes sleeping in a bed now, when I can tolerate the pain on my side.  One side is tolerable, the other is not.

I did not get drained when I had my chemo this week.  I missed my apt because everything took so long but there really isn't anything there to drain.  I am also not sad to have missed out on that experience!  I hope I never have to do it again but there might be a tiny bit there that will never go away without doing it, we will see.  It's so hard to tell.

A very cloudy dreary day here in RI, I hope there is sunshine where you are!

1 comment:

  1. You are making a positive impact on lives each and every day Leah...mine included. You are a true inspiration in so many senses of the word...

    ReplyDelete