Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

early christmas gift

I had been talking about how the Dr had mentioned going on breaks from chemo for special occasions and what better occasion than christmas.  Well that isn't exactly what happened, but close enough!  I went Thursday to get my treatment and my white cell counts weren't high enough.  They decided to delay treatment because of that and decided that since next week is Christmas, that we could delay it another week.  I am fighting another cold and they think that is why my count is down, so let's hope that's it and I don't need to get the nasty shot to boost my cell count next time!

I made it home safely and I am very happy to be with my kids and husband again, it was too long to be gone from them!

I need to be extra careful now about germs and being around sick people since my counts are low, so that is kind of a bummer, but good to know!

3 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes things just work themselves out, huh? I hope you are feeling better and fight that cold quickly! The new pictures of the family are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you get to take a break for Christmas. Now you can go get all that last minute shopping done. Maybe you didn't need the extra suitcase after all? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Eve to you and your family Leah! I'm glad you had a good trip! Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope Santa is good to you this year... you deserve it!!

    Love to you, Bryan, Ellie and Drew!

    ReplyDelete