Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

a new year

The scan wasn't a surprise yesterday, it showed shrinkage of tumors and less fluid.  So as we suspected by how much better I'm doing than before chemo, it is definitely working.  I asked the Dr about taking a vacation with Bryan and what to do if it interferes with treatment and she said we'd do the same we did when I was sick and just postpone it, so now we need to plan our trip!

I try not to read the news but when I do I read these depressing stories of people losing loved ones, not even necessarily to cancer but to car accidents or whatever.  It always puts things in perspective that this is really happening and it happens to others and there is no reason why my situation should be different.  Then I go into the hope survival mode of how I can be the lucky one and that if I can stay alive long enough for the right medicine to come along maybe I can be here to see my children grow up.  It's just hard to believe that I could not be here for that, but something I think about every day.  Every hug or snuggle I get from my kids I cherish and every moment I can spend with Bryan is held in my heart, wishing and hoping there are many more to come.

Christmas was really hard for me, I was in pain and couldn't help but wonder if it would be my last Christmas here.  Let's just hope that everything keeps going positively and that I can try to eat healthier, exercise more and kick this thing, here's to 2014!

5 comments:

  1. No suprises is great news Leah. So happy to hear the tumors are shrinking. Keep the positive energy. You have helped me cherish every hug, snuggle and time with my family and for that I cannot thank you enough! Here's to a New Year bringing good things your way! XOXO - Katie Ouellette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read this this morning Leah!! I was so hoping that your scan results would be positive and what more fun of a way to ring in 2014 than planning a getaway somewhere! Cheers to a happy and HEALTHY 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a precious gift and I am glad to hear that things are positive! Your ability to smile and laugh and be positive I am sure have helped immensely, I am sure all the love in your life has to help too! I believe GOD is here to help but we never know or understand his will in this world.
    {{{hugs}}} Gary H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the planning of vacation for you and Bryan!!

    All my prayers for "kicking this thing in 2014" are with you and then some!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. In an inhuman respect you aren’t any different to the suffering and anguish so many others, but you are very human and you are very different. Only you are a Mother to your children, only you are a Wife to your husband, only you are a Daughter, Sibling, a friend to so many that you have uniquely woven in indelible relationships. So many uniquely Love you!

    ReplyDelete