Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

2 Corinthians 5:1-4

I am reading this book called 90 minutes in heaven.  I haven't finished it yet so I will blog more about it when I do but I just read this passage that I had to share with you:

For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down-- when we die and leave these bodies--we will have a home in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.  We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long for the day when we will put in our heavenly bodies like new clothing.  For we will not be spirits without bodies, but we will put on new heavenly bodies.  Our dying bodies make us groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and have no bodies at all.  We want to slip into our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by everlasting life.  2 Corinthians 5:1-4

6 comments:

  1. I read that book a couple of years ago, Leah. I found it to be very comforting. I think it was told from a point of profound honesty. It is not fine literature, which also makes it "homey" and truthful. It was a book that had an impact on me. I hope it does for you as well.
    So glad to hear you are doing better! I think your scan news was very positive! And to hopefully be getting some relief from the side effects is great. (Not to mention being able to sleep in a bed! :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Leah. You are so inspiring and wise. I always look forward to reading your posts. I continue to pray for your and send happy and healing thoughts your way.. you are a strong woman! I love the pics of you and Kim and you and the kiddos - pretty lady!! Happy New Year.. Love, Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very positive outlook, as per usual, Leah. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a lot of courage and grace to be able to read books on the subject. I only wish others that I know were as brave as you……

    ReplyDelete