Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Heaven is for real

So I finished the book, 90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper and Cecil Murphey.  It really was very comforting to hear his experience of being in Heaven.  The man suffered a great deal when he returned to Earth.  He went through countless surgeries just to be back here on Earth with us when he would have much rather been in Heaven.  I recommend it to anyone, just to read of his experience in Heaven was so intriguing. 

My 3 and a half year old son has been talking about death a lot.  I don't know if he over hears me sometimes or comes up with things on his own but he expressed to me the other day that he doesn't want to die.  I talked to his counselor about this, "what am I supposed to tell him?" I asked her in desperation.   Her recommendation was to reflect back so he knows I heard him and say "You seem really worried about dying.  A lot of kids are worried about that too, but a person usually lives for a very long time until they are very old."    She also told me to tell him (knowing we are a religious family) that he will be with Jesus when he dies in Heaven.  I followed her advice as best I could and his come back was, "oh then I want to die so I can meet God."  What do you say to that??

It was so timely that he came up with this after just reading this book.  It is probably just the situation I am in, but he does make it seem so amazing that I find myself thinking I would like to go to heaven, There is no suffering there and you get to be with God. 

1 comment:

  1. Your son is so intuitive, caring and loving. Children ask questions that make adults uncomfortable in their innocence and inquisitiveness. You handle it beautifully.
    You are very blessed. I am so glad that you read the book. It seems to have given you some peace in what heaven is like.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete