Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Need a laugh? I did!

So I found myself texting my dear friend on the way home from chemo, the one who let us borrow her sweet ride.  I was telling her about chemo today and it occured to me you all might like this story.

I ended up taking a plethora of mind altering  drugs, only ones I know names of are Benadryl and morphine.  Anyway, at the end the very kind Irish looking nurse developed an Irish accent.  (Now you see why I told you I was on drugs).  But it was so real I was getting upset that no one else heard it.  I embarrassed the sweet thing and I am outraged that no one would admit they could hear it.  I debated googling signs to look for of a leprechaun.  I realized if I ever wanted to go home I'd better not push it for fear of being admitted for nothing to do with cancer!

Well before i made the nurse think im crazy i must have gotten her to like me because she got me another private room with bathroom and bed, score!  only thing is the pump i take home is a lot bigger, noisier and heavier than old one and i have detach it myself instead of havig nurse come.  that's all I've got, if I have the energy I will check in tmrw!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you still have your sense of humor during this difficult time. Your story made me laugh out loud. You continue to amaze me! Hope you are feeling ok today - look forward to another update.
    Katie Ouellette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fiddlesticks, that is bleddy funny. Sometimes the trip can last longer than the drive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be quite a cocktail of meds they have you on, lass! :P

    Cady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leah! Thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way! I lit a candle at church for you for comfort! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers! Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on your side here. She definitely had an Irish accent! ;) Hope you are recovering ok from this bout of treatment.

    ReplyDelete