Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

More appointments

I have my gynecological oncologist appointment next week on Thursday.  I have learned that I will most likely have the two surgeries before radiation.  The nurse told me they would probably be 4 to 6 weeks apart.  This is quite the set back for when I will be done with all of this unfortunately.  I have kind of mentally prepared for going through with radiation although I am very curious to hear what they have to say at Sloan.
  Another interesting twist is that I found a study researching chemo causing cystadenofibroma.  Just too coincidental that none of my scans showed the cyst until after chemo.  I also learned one of the reasons they would want to do the ovary surgery before radiation is the potential for malignancy in the cystadenofibroma from radiation.  So far I am guessing that they will take the whole ovary but curious if a hysterectomy will be suggested because of ovarian cancer in my family.  Not sure that I really care since radiation will make all those parts useless anyway.
   Despite this new set back in my recovery I am feeling really good and strong.  The neuropathy continues to get worse but I'm getting used to it.  Looking forward to the trip to NYC!

3 comments:

  1. Whew! Quite a lot to absorb! Interesting research, too! (I thought it was strange that an ovarian cyst adenofibroma showed up out of nowhere...)
    Also looking forward to the opinions from Sloan-Kettering!

    Keep that positive attitude going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it makes sense the second surgery then. I'm sorry it's making the end point stretch out so far in front of you. :(

    Glad to hear you are feeling strong, that's excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice for you to have NYC to look forward too, in spite of the reason.

    Looking forward to your next update from SK.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete