Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MRI yey yey

Well, last night wasn't exactly fun.  They were a half hour behind with the scans and then they couldn't get my veins to cooperate to do the contrast.  I have never had problems with my veins before.  I was told this is common after chemo, hence the port.  well I wanted them to access my port to do the test but they didn't have anyone around that was trained to do so.  So we did the scan (45 mins worth) and then the last part, (2 mins worth) is with contrast which we did not do.  Come to find out the MRI people call me today to tell me that the radiologist will not read the scan without the contrast.  So I had to make a ton of phone calls to coordinate getting someone to help access my port so that i can go back and get the scan done with contrast.  You would think the hospital could figure this out on their own but apparently not.  Now I am going saturday to get that done, that is the earliest they could get me in.  Boy am I learning a lesson on patience!

5 comments:

  1. Groan! I had thought they had scheduled you so late at night because they wanted to get you in as soon as possible ... and now you end up having to wait anyway. You are a better person than me. I certainly would not have your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for heaven's sake! That is so frustrating! I guess the RN who can access ports only works days... You would think they'd have access to a supervising nurse or someone else who could pitch in at a time like that!
    I guess we should be glad they're being thorough with the test. No point in not having all the information. So sorry you have to wait, yet again.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I'm sorry you have to wait even longer to get your questions answered. Way to be proactive about the next MRI. I think I'd dispute that first one. No way you should be held liable for them not having trained staff on hand.

    p.s. I've never heard of doing MRIs that late at night! That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COME ON!!

    That is unreal Leah. Poor form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, because you don't have enough going on right now...

    ReplyDelete