Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

the waiting game

I just keep telling myself that the Drs are being overly cautious and there is no way I could have ovarian cancer as well, right?  I am hoping we can find out the results of the MRI Tuesday, but we will see.

I have been running the past few weeks and it feels great.  The Drs and research has said that exercise helps move the chemo through your body faster.  As much as I love my naps, trying to plan them with 2 kids is a little hard so I will be glad when I don't have to take them anymore.  Just hoping the chemo is through my system in the next month or so and I can have more energy...just in time for surgery right?

Well maybe I shouldn't have posted about the MRI to worry everyone but it gets me more prayers right!?  Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Running heals so many thing Leah.

    I so understand the 9:15 PM MRI!

    Keep on Running, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was referred to your site from a friend of a friend. I'm 36 y/o and I have Stage 4 Colon Cancer. I also have two cute little ones (4 y/o and a 6 month old). I understand what you are going through all to well. I also understand how nerve racking scan days are and will be praying for you tonight at 9:15. I too started a blog, backstagefour.com, about my journey (I guess that's what young people with cancer do, I don't see too many 80 y/o blogs) . If you ever want to talk please contact me. You are not alone. I will be praying for strength and healing for you and your family.
    God bless,
    Kevin Wein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah,
    Excersize of any kind helps mind body and soul so keep on doing somthing that gives you strength of body and mind. I feel that is better to be safe now then sorry later with all the test they are putting you through. (Of course that is coming from the biggest baby on the face of the earth LOL)I will also be thinking of you tonight at 9:15 and have my mom call her pray group to all give you good thoughts tonight! Take care my friend! Any time you need a break from the kiddies just give me a call and I will come grab them and take them for ice cream and play time with Gigi Bean!

    Happy thoughts!
    Deb Valente

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you all the time...especially tonight during your MRI. They do have weird appt. times for those, don't they!

    Jan DaCosta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lots of good vibes and prayers as always! I've asked a few friends who practice Reiki to send you some healing energy via Reiki. You have many people who are routing for you!!

    Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you!!!!!

    And as long as you feel good running, you keep on running. I share your sentiment, it is just so good for mind and body.

    ReplyDelete