Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

MRI results

So there is good news and bad news the way I see it.  The very good news is they don't think the mass is cancerous.  My oncologist said that it is not a metastasis from the colon cancer and it is not ovarian cancer.  BIG YAY!  The bad news is he thinks it will need to be removed because of malignant potential.  He called it a cystadenofibroma which from what I can gather is a benign tumor on the ovary.  The radiologist noted it as highly suspicious.  They referred me to a gynecological oncologist and I'm waiting for them to call me.  Unfortunatley it sounded like this being removed and the lung surgery could not be done at the same time, so I am not looking forward to two surgeries in the future.  I am not sure how this will play out in the line up of the lung surgery and the radiation.  I am awaiting a call from the lung surgeon to get a date for that surgery. 

9 comments:

  1. Leah~ so relieved they don't think it's cancerous. You have so much resilience it truly amazes me.
    XOXO Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big yay indeed. Take the positives where you can get 'em.... or the negatives, rather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Two separate surgeries is not of course, but phew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Two separate surgeries is not of course, but phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good news Leah..I'm soo glad that it's not cancer on your ovary...thumbs down for two surgeries. But...maybe after they all talk they will decide to do them together.... :) Mom's back tomorrow..big yay!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen, we will get you thru the 2 surgeries...prayers and help, xo Coll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news on the results, but boo to two surgeries! Only way out is through though, right? You can handle this, just like you've handled everything up to this point. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news. You are an inspiration to all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news Leah! Can you get a "two for one" deal concerning the surgeries?

    Keep smiling, lady.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete