Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday

I hope everyone had a nice Thanks Giving. I went up to Maine to be with family. I spent most of black Friday in the ER. I had noticed on Thanks Giving that my port looked like it was getting a little infected along the incision. I called my Dr Friday morning and they told me to go to a walk in or an ER up in Maine to get it looked at. The port has a direct line to my heart so getting an infection there is not good. Also my body can't fight off infections like it should because of the chemo.

We headed to a walk in around 10am and they sent us to the ER.  We finally got back to my cousins around 3pm.  They actually did get me right into a room so that was nice.  I had to have a round of IV antibiotic which took about 1.5 hrs to run.  Then they gave me oral antibiotic pills to take home.  They did labwork on the actual wound and lots of blood work.  No results yet.  I plan to go to my chemo appointment as scheduled on Tuesday and the port looks and feels a lot better now.   Not how I wanted to spend part of my trip but I am thankful for the Drs knowing what to do and for antibiotics!

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad, especially since they had you take the precaution to not shower for 10 days! Glad it's starting to look better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had to go to the ER but thankful that I got to spend the day with your wonderful children! We loved having you visit in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been standing by you in prayer, as well as believing with you for a complete recovery! Should you have need of anything from me please do not hesitate to let me know!

    PS 103:2-5
    2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
    3 He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
    4 He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
    5 He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

    All my love,
    Jim Wallace

    ReplyDelete